Office of the Construction Code Official
30 Montgomery Street
Room 412 (Main Office)
Jersey City, NJ 07302
Tel: Main - (201) 547-5055
Tel: RRC Only - (201) 547-4218
Fax: (201) 547-5270
Raymond Meyer, Construction Code Official
The Office of the Construction Code (also known as the Building Department) is empowered by §3-75 of the Jersey City Municipal Code to:
- Administer and enforce the State Uniform Construction Code and conduct the centralized issuance of permits and inspection services in accordance with N.J.S.A. 52:27D-119 et seq.
- The condemnation of properties in accordance with N.J.S.A. 40:48-2.3 et seq.
- Issue permits for alterations, additions, new buildings, and inspections both before and after occupancy is permitted.
- Conduct ongoing inspections of elevators, swimming pools, backflow preventers
- Register non-State licensed contractors
- The Office of the Construction Code Official is a member of the Mayor's Quality of Life Task Force.
Rules and Regulations
More information on applicable rules and regulations for construction are available below.
Monday thru Friday 07:30 to 9 am
Plan Review Meetings
Monday 9am to 5pm 9am to 3:30pm Closes at 4pm
Tuesday 9am to 5pm
9am to 6:30pm Closes at 7pm
9am to 5pm 9am to 3:30pm Closes at 4pm
Thursday 9am to 5pm 9am to 6:30pm Closes at 7 pm
Friday 9am to 5pm 9am to 3:30pm Closes at 4pm